List Of Interesting Questions To Explore In A Research Paper On Macbeth
As one of Shakespeare’s most celebrated dramas, Macbeth is studied from middle school through graduate school. There are lots of great research paper topics worth exploring and to make things easier we’ve made a list of some really interesting questions for you to consider.
Research Paper Topics on Macbeth’s Characters
- What contributions does King Duncan make to the play? How does his influence and power affect the way characters plot against one another or are their actions independent of King Duncan’s characteristics?
- Who is more responsible for King Duncan’s murder? Lady Macbeth or Macbeth? Do you think that Lady Macbeth is a more evil or plotting character than her husband? Cite specific examples to support your argument.
- Macbeth’s mental deterioration is an extremely important personal characteristic. But how does it relate to the rest play? Is there an underlying madness that Shakespeare is trying to address about greed and power in all people?
- Choose any two minor characters of the play and examine the ways in which they contribute to the drama’s overall action.
- Discuss the importance of the witches’ role in telling Banquo that he will be the father of future kings. What does his reaction to this news reveal about his real character within the play?
Research Paper Topics on Macbeth’s Themes
- The idea of the supernatural has a major role in the drama. How does it affect the way the action plays itself out in light of characters’ response to this theme?
- It’s well known that Shakespeare altered many historical characters to entertain certain themes. Upon examination of his sources can you discuss why you think he made these changes?
- Discuss the purpose of the sleepwalking scene in Act V. How does this important scene relate to the overall play? Why is Lady Macbeth’s revelation in this scene so provoking to the action?
- One of the major themes of the play is captured in Macbeth’s speech given upon learning the news of his wife’s death in the Act V. What is this theme and what clues foreshadow its revelation?
- How do the themes of fate and freewill fit into the play? Cite specific examples and explore the way in which the two contradict one another and the way in which they complement one another within the events of the drama.
Looking for help with research paper or dissertation? Visit https://ezwritingservice.com/term-papers.html